Spray or Bidet?

Personally, I prefer bidet. In Japan, there are high tech toilets with heated seats that give you a few options for washing your ass after you do your business. On the control panel, you can select the water pressure, either spray or bidet, and on the really nice toilets, you can adjust the water tempurature. At first, I was reluctant to try either because I wasn't sure where the water came from on the spray and bidet options, but Roslynn assured me that the water comes from a separate, clean water line and not from the toilet bowl. Spray is more of a shower-like stream and a little messier where bidet is a more focused stream of water. I laughed when I first used spray and bidet and after a few tries, it felt quite like a luxury.
You'll notice on the control panel from the photo that there is also a button for the toilet flushing sound. Roslynn told me that she saw a sign once in a bathroom that asked patrons to press the toilet flushing sound button intstead of flushing the toilet while using the stall. Her guess is that women would flush the toilet to mask the sound of them doing their business and that the sound button on the toilet gives the same effect while preserving water.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home