My Almost Birthday Party
Earlier last week, I met some of Roslynn's first year junior high students at the computer center. I was surprised that they talked to me for such a long time asking me if I liked volleyball and basketball (that's what they learn in school). After Roslynn and I were done talking with them, we went to the computers to check our email and they followed us reading our email even though they didn't understand. They were too precious, so I told Roslynn, "Maybe they could come over on Friday for my birthday," so she invited them. They confirmed with Roslynn later in the week because they were excited, but Roslynn had to take it back because it's against the rules for teachers to socialize with students outside of school and it was too complicated to ask for their parents' permission. They were disappointed. Me too. I didn't get a birthday party with them, but I did get birthday letters from each of them expressing their excitement for the party and their well wishes for me in India. Gambate they said. Go for it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home